A highly experienced solicitor, Gwen manages a large specialist unit dealing with clinical negligence injury and serious injury cases, as well as supervising clinical negligence and serious injury work for the entire southern eastern region.
With expertise in all facets of maximum severity injury cases, Gwen specialises in claims for children and adults who have been victims of brain injuries connected to permanent disabilities, sustained as a result of accidents, clinical negligence or road traffic collisions.
Gwen has considerable experience handling spinal injury cases and represents paraplegic and quadriplegic clients who need compensation in order to have a fulfilling future.
Gwen has an extensive track record of securing multi-million pound compensation packages, which often include periodical payments, damages for the pain and suffering clients have suffered and costs for ongoing care.
Wherever possible, Gwen and her team seek interim payments so clients can receive rehabilitation and care, or move into suitable accommodation, while they are waiting for the case to be concluded.
Gwen's case experience
- A £3,750,000 settlement for a boy with cerebral palsy, as well as annual lifetime payments that go up as his needs change and increase.
- A net £1,500,000 settlement for a man who sustained a serious brain injury during a road traffic collision, following deductions for the client’s actions that contributed to his injuries (contributory negligence).
- A settlement of £2,175,000 for a man who suffered a brain injury after having a stroke because of dangerous working practices.
- Vicarious Liability in Hawley v Luminar Leisure plc – Gwen tested the extent to which an organisation that employs contract workers may be held responsible for their actions while working on the premises depending on the level of control that they retain.
- Periodical Payments in Godbold v Mahmood – Gwen led one of the first cases to involve periodical payments, which are paid annually over a claimant’s lifetime.
- Interim Payments in Barrett v East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.
Gwen is a member of The Law Society as a Clinical Negligence Panel Member, Headway (the Brain Injury Association), Child Brain Injury Trust, UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum and the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
Gwen is also deputy chair for her local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) patient engagement forum.