The POA acts on behalf of over 35,000 public and private sector members working in the field of Secure Forensic Psychiatric Care and representing Uniformed Prison Grades.
Thompsons is a proud partner to the POA and actively campaigns alongside it to promote the benefits of union membership while delivering first-class work and non-work related legal services to its valued membership.
Unlike high street law firms, who can make deductions of up to 25% of damages, Thompsons guarantees that working and retired POA members and their families will retain 100% of any personal injury compensation secured.
Our work with the POA includes landmark rulings and we have extensive experience of successfully representing POA members involved in workplace assaults, securing hundreds of thousands of pounds in compensation for what are often career-ending injuries.
Contact the POA legal service for free legal advice and representation on:
- Personal injury claims - at work (including assaults), away from work, on holiday or on the roads
- Serious injury claims - including brain injuries and spinal cord injury
- Special terms for medical negligence claims
- Industrial disease or illness including asbestos-related disease claims
- Wills service, which allows you to generate a will online without submitting a paper application
- Discounted rates for probate, lasting Powers of Attorney, Deputyship, conveyancing and financial mis-selling claims
- Employment law (accessed via your POA branch)
- Criminal charges
POA members’ families are also covered for:
- Personal injury away from work, on holiday or on the roads
- Special terms for medical negligence
- Discounted rates for wills, probate, lasting Powers of Attorney, Deputyship, conveyancing and financial mis-selling claims
To discuss a claim or seek advice from your dedicated POA legal service, contact us on 0800 587 7515.
“My solicitor at Thompsons was excellent. I always felt more confident and had a better understanding of situations after discussions with her.”