The interests of Fire Brigades Union (FBU) members and their families are protected by a comprehensive package of legal services.
The FBU legal service is provided by Thompsons, the UK’s only law firm uniquely dedicated to trade unions.
Because you give 100%, we make sure you always get 100%.
FBU members using the legal service provided by Thompsons keep 100% of their compensation – whatever the injury and however complex the claim. By comparison, claims companies and high street law firms will take up to 25% of your damages.
FBU members benefit from the following legal services as part of their union scheme:
- Personal injury at or away from work, on holiday or on the roads
- Serious injury including brain and spinal cord injuries
- Industrial disease or illness
- Special terms for clinical negligence
- Employment law (accessed through the FBU)
- Criminal injury claims
- Free wills service, which allows you to generate a will online without submitting a paper application
- Special terms for Lasting Powers of Attorney, re-mortgaging and conveyancing and Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Claims
For more information, call the FBU on 0808 100 6061.
“Thank you for making a very stressful year much less harrowing. Your efficiency, correspondence and general attitude towards your customers is excellent. You made the whole process very easy and the result was perfect.”