The United Road Transport Union (URTU) is the UK’s only specialist road haulage, distribution and logistics union, representing more than 16,000 members working in various roles, including drivers and warehouse operatives.
As part of its commitment to members, URTU offers a comprehensive personal injury legal service, delivered by Thompsons Solicitors.
URTU’s legal service - for any injury or accident in or out of work - is totally free and you keep 100% of any compensation.
Legal services for URTU members
As part of your membership package, URTU members can access free legal advice and representation for:
- Personal injuries at or away from work, on holiday, or on the roads
- Serious injuries, including brain and spinal cord injuries
- Industrial disease or illnesses, including asbestos-related diseases
- Basic will writing (and reduced rates for more complex wills).
Members can also access special terms for medical negligence cases.
Legal services for URTU members’ families
The free legal package also extends to relatives of URTU members for:
- Any non-work personal injury claim, at home, on the roads or on holiday
- Non-work serious injury claims, including brain and spinal cord injury
- Asbestos-related diseases
- Special terms for medical negligence claims.
To contact your URTU legal service in England and Wales, call 0808 1968 643.