Thompsons has a long and successful relationship with Unite the Union and is proud to be accredited as a trusted legal provider on its accredited legal panel.
Unite members, both working and retired, benefit from:
- Free legal advice and support from experts
- 100% compensation for personal injuries
- Personal injury cover for non-working family members
- Access to a free 24 hour legal helpline (0800 709 007)
Unite Legal Services provides free legal advice and representation to both Unite the Union members and their out-of-work family members if they’re involved in an accident or are injured.
Working in partnership, Thompsons and Unite Legal Services secures hundreds of millions of pounds in compensation each and every year on behalf of injured or mistreated Unite members based all across the UK.
Unlike when instructing high street firms, members using Unite Legal Services have the guarantee that they will deal with an expert and keep 100% of their compensation.
We were responsible for helping Unite to bring a blacklisting case against major UK construction firms to a successful conclusion, securing over £10million in damages for members and their families who had been unlawfully blacklisted by the firms involved. You can learn more about our fight for justice in our video.
Unite Legal Services is available – free of charge – to support Unite members and their non-working family members with:
- Personal injury claims both in and outside of work
- Industrial disease claims
- Serious injury claims including amputations, brain and spinal cord injury
- Road accident claims
- Employment law advice (accessed via your Unite branch)
- Work-related criminal law advice (0800 587 7530)
- Reduced rates for wills, conveyancing and probate
“Thompsons really knew what they were doing and fought my corner.”