Call us:  0800 0 224 224

Our claims services

Contact us today

Call us free on

0800 0 224 224

Email us at

Contact one of our offices

Find your local office

Lorry and HGV
Accident Claims

If you have been involved in a lorry accident at work or in your own time, you may be entitled to free legal representation.

Talk to us

Lorry and HGV Accident Claims

How to make a Lorry And HGV accident claim with Thompsons Solicitors

Thompsons Solicitors’ road traffic accident lawyers have decades of experience in helping trade union members that have been injured while driving different types of vehicles, as well as motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists.

"Even though my accident wasn’t work-related, I was still able to claim for compensation, which is very reassuring and proved a big help to me and my family.”

Nick trade union member

While all road collisions are traumatic for the individuals involved, those involving lorries and heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) can be particularly devastating for both the drivers of these vehicles and other road users involved.

If you’ve been injured in a road traffic accident while working as a lorry or HGV driver, and you are a member of a trade union, you can make a personal injury claim with Thompsons Solicitors through your trade union’s legal scheme and get expert advice for free as well as 100 per cent of any compensation recovered.

Trade union members receive free legal advice and guidance not only for road traffic-related accident at work claims, as well as accidents which occur on the roads outside of work hours as well. Unlike non-union, high-street law firms who will take a ‘success’ fee of up to 25 per cent if the claim is successful, trade union members who make a lorry crash or HGV road accident compensation claim with Thompsons Solicitors will receive 100 per cent of the compensation, with no deductions for legal fees.

Thompsons Solicitors’ lorry and HGV accident claims specialists understand the importance of providing first-class support throughout the claims process to trade union clients working as lorry or HGV drivers. We will always ensure that the maximum amount of compensation is secured as quickly and efficiently as possible. In cases where a trade union member has suffered a serious injury, our road accident solicitors will put them and their loved ones in touch with charities and support groups, who provide guidance and advice to trade union members after they have sustained a serious injury.

To start a personal injury claim following a lorry or HGV accident, fill out our online Start a Claim form or call 0800 0 224 224 today.