The National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers (RMT) represents over 80,000 members working across the transport industry including on buses and road freight, mainline and underground railways, as well as shipping and offshore.
The RMT is committed to ensuring better pay, safer working conditions and reasonable working hours for its members. As part of its commitment to supporting members’ welfare both in and outside of the workplace, the RMT offers a comprehensive legal service package delivered in partnership with us.
If you’ve been injured, the RMT and Thompsons Solicitors are ready to fight for you.
If you’ve been injured in the workplace or elsewhere contact us first. Working together, we’ve secured millions of pounds in compensation for members in England and Wales and achieved vital improvements to workplace safety.
Thompsons uses its significant personal injury experience and transport sector expertise to build a solid case for compensation, acting fast and explaining the process in clear language providing free, specialist legal advice and 100% compensation within the union scheme.
Legal cover for RMT members
Contact the RMT legal service for free legal advice and representation on:
- Personal injury at or away from work, on holiday or on the roads
- Serious injury including brain injuries and spinal cord injuries
- Industrial disease or illness
- Free wills service, which allows you to generate a will online without submitting a paper application
- Reduced rates for conveyancing
- Employment law (accessed via RMT)
RMT members’ families are also covered for:
- Personal injury away from work, on holiday or on the roads
- Special terms for clinical negligence
- Reduced rates for re-mortgage work, powers of attorney, equity release, complex wills, probate and other legal services
To contact your RMT legal service in England and Wales, call 08457 125 495.
“The RMT and Thompsons Solicitors have been fantastic. It shows that union membership and the legal service it offers is worth every penny.”