Kate Fox is a senior supervisor with the civil litigation team based in Thompsons Solicitors’ London office.
Kate has national responsibility for employment rights civil litigation throughout Thompsons in a range of practice areas. This includes tortious and contractual claims, defamation, data protection, copyright, commercial agency law and pension disputes.
Kate is responsible for organising and monitoring the effective performance of employment rights civil litigation at Thompsons and provides guidance on civil litigation matters throughout the firm.
Kate believes strongly in the power of collective action. Her main aims are to deliver first-class legal services to clients across a broad range of practice areas and enabling individuals to obtain access to justice.
Kate's case experience
- Led on the multi-million pound group action brought against Visteon in the High Court on behalf of former Ford employees concerning misleading statements about the security of transferring their pensions into the Visteon pension scheme.
- Represented Unite members who brought claims in conspiracy, misuse of private information and defamation relating to the “blacklisting” of construction workers from the 1970s to 2009.
- Successfully concluded mass litigation on behalf of members of the UCU and the FBU, concerning wages deducted during strike action.
- Represented a number of freelance workers in their claims for wrongful termination and defended senior trade union officers in defamation claims, including to the Court of Appeal.
- Experience of consumer claims, having represented a number of claimants in the London Taxis International litigation.
- Successfully represented a number of clients in Pension Ombudsman complaints, including claims for permanent injury benefits, mental health officer status, chronic ill-health retirement and claims against administrators for the provision of misleading information concerning pension scheme entitlements.
Association of Pension Lawyers.