BECTU is the trade union representing workers from the UK’s media and entertainment sector. It exists to defend the rights of those working across the full spectrum of entertainment industries including film, broadcast, independent production, theatre and the arts, digital media, leisure and live events. As of 1 January 2017 BECTU became a sector of Prospect.
As the trusted provider of BECTU legal services, Thompsons is proud to offer free, independent legal advice and representation to BECTU members across the UK.
Thompsons has significant experience of dealing with the issues, injuries, illnesses and employers involved in personal injury and employment law cases affecting entertainment professionals, built up over years of representing BECTU and its members.
Unlike non-specialist high street law firms or claims management companies, the BECTU legal service from Thompsons guarantees members 100% compensation, with no deductions for legal fees.
Contact the BECTU legal service for free legal advice and representation on:
- Personal injury – at or away from work, on holiday or on the roads
- Serious injury including brain injuries and spinal cord injuries
- Industrial disease or illness
- Special terms for clinical negligence claims
- Basic will writing and reduced rates for conveyancing
- Employment law (accessed via the BECTU head office)
- Work-related criminal law advice (0800 587 7530)
BECTU members’ families are also covered for:
- Personal injury – away from work, on holiday or on the roads
- Special terms for medical negligence claims
- Special rates for conveyancing
Get in touch for expert advice today on 0800 587 1278.
“Our employment tribunal case was handled with great care and efficiency and ended with an out of court settlement, which would not have occurred without the help of our solicitor at Thompsons.”