Karl is a partner and a solicitor with more than 20 years’ experience. He is based in Thompsons' Birmingham office, with responsibility for all catastrophic injury cases across the West Midlands with a total value in excess of £100 million. Karl’s cases include injuries of the utmost severity, including brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, polytrauma, amputations and fatalities.
Karl’s cases involve a multi-disciplinary approach. Putting the client at the centre of everything, his aim is to achieve the best rehabilitation and the best financial outcome in the quickest time achievable. Karl often receives new referrals from personal recommendations, and always goes the extra mile.
Karl's case experience
- Secured a settlement with a capitalised value of more than £14 million for a client who suffered a brain injury at birth, ensuring she would be looked after for her whole life.
- Reached a settlement at trial for more than £5 million for a client left paralysed and with a brain injury after a head on collision with a car, in a case in which the defendant denied liability.
- Achieved a settlement exceeding £10 million for a cyclist struck by a car, which resulted in a severe brain injury.
- Ensured a settlement of more that £6 million for a teenage cyclist who was hit by a speeding motorbike, resulting in a significant brain injury.
- Settled a case for £6 million for a motorcyclist struck by van in which the client suffered life-changing injuries.
- Secured a £3.5 million settlement for a client who had stopped to help a motorist who had broken down on the motorway when another vehicle collided with him and severed his leg, arranging for bespoke rehabilitation and prosthetics in the process.
Karl is registered as a senior litigator with the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and he is a member of the Law Society panel. He is also a member of Headway, a charity which helps those who have suffered brain injury.