Cath’s role sees her leading the teams in the offices on client service and experience, as well as client relationships and business development.
As a lawyer, Cath has recovered millions for clients and prides herself on recovering the maximum amount of compensation possible for each client. Her specialisations have been in serious work accidents from amputation injuries to burns, chronic pain and catastrophic back injuries. She has also dealt with manual handling injuries and injuries sustained from working at height. Her industrial disease experience includes repetitive strain, occupational asthma and dermatitis
Cath has been with Thompsons since university and trained with the firm and has always shared the firm’s vision and values and is proud to stand up for working people.
When she isn’t in the office, Cath’s two young children keep her busy including managing a girls’ football team and she loves watching rugby.
Catherine's case experience
- Successfully fought a test case in the Court of Appeal, and then the Supreme Court, which established that the prison service was vicariously liable for the negligent actions of a prisoner, a new law which has been relied upon ever since.
- Represented a group of contractors who contracted a virus known as Q Fever when carrying out renovations in a factory, which contained bacteria spores that had been lying dormant for years, recovering substantial damages for her clients.
- Secured a £125,000 settlement for a client who had been working for his employers for only four weeks when his left hand became trapped in a press machine, resulting in the amputation of his thumb as well as post-traumatic stress.
- Represented a furnace worker who was injured following an explosion at work, suffering burns, tinnitus and severe post-traumatic stress and psychiatric injuries, securing £230,000 in a pre-trial settlement.
- Recovered compensation in a nuisance and negligence case for a homeowner living close to the Murco refinery, who was able to prove she developed asthma as a result.
Catherine is an Association of Personal Injury Lawyers member.