The TUC and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development have produced a useful guide for trade unions and HR managers on how to develop good practice around implementing the age regulations.
The guide – Managing Age, a guide to good employment practice - looks at how the new regulations apply in the areas of:
- recruitment, selection and promotion
- pay, benefits and pensions
- appraisal, performance management and training
- health and safety
- redundancy and termination
- harassment and victimisation.
It also includes:
- guidance on producing an age equality policy
- a summary of the law
- the Acas fair retirement flowchart
- Sources of further information.