Based in Thompsons Solicitors’ London office, Lisa represents both adults and children who have been the victims of medical negligence and serious injuries. Lisa has over 16 years’ experience and uses her considerable knowledge to get the best possible outcome for her clients from across London and the South East of England, whether they have suffered from life-changing brain and spinal injuries, undiagnosed fractures, orthopaedic injuries, amputations or surgical mistakes.
Lisa’s specialism is in the most complex cases, including birth injury, brain, nerve and spinal injuries, misdiagnosis and late diagnosis of cancer. She has recovered tens of millions of pounds in compensation for her clients or for the families of those who have lost a loved one.
Whether arising from the NHS or private health sector, and for adults and children alike, Lisa has acted in cases of cauda equina syndrome, gynaecological mistakes, cosmetic surgery, GP negligence, and drug and prescription errors. She has acted for those injured in severe workplace accidents and those who have suffered catastrophic and life-changing injuries through road traffic accidents.
A meticulous and determined litigator, Lisa works tirelessly to obtain evidence from the best medical experts, interim payments for immediate medical need, and the maximum in compensation for rehabilitation and to enable her clients to rebuild their lives. An example of her passion to support her clients and their families all the way through the legal process, was Lisa securing an interim payment of £250,000 for a quadriplegic client which enabled him to move out of a care home and into more suitable accommodation with a personal carer whilst the litigation around his case was ongoing.
Lisa finds Thompsons approach “refreshing” and different to other firms she has worked for. Thompsons’ focus on the client and doing the very best for them, going that extra mile and thinking outside the box rather than everything being about ‘getting some compensation’ makes a real difference.
When she isn’t working on her cases, all of Lisa’s spare time is taken up with her two young children who keep her very busy.
Lisa’s case experience
- Secured more than £1 million in compensations for a railway worker who was crushed against the side of a platform by a train, suffering devastating pelvic, orthopaedic and urological injuries. He continues to suffer pain and mobility problems, is very disabled and his future earning capacity is limited.
- Settled a case for £520,000 for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury and serious injuries to his skull and eye, as well as psychiatric injuries.
- Secured £140,000 for a client who sustained serious crush injuries to her leg, as well as head injuries.
Ensure £130,000 in compensation for a client whose head injury resulted in headaches, dizziness, poor balance, nausea, memory and concentration problems as well as other complications.
- Secured a six-figure sum for a client who was involved in a road traffic accident, who also suffered as a result of her subsequent hospital treatment falling below an acceptable standard. Bringing claims against both the other driver and the hospital, Lisa settled the complex matter despite allegations of contributory negligence and fundamental dishonesty.
- Settled a multi-liability claim on behalf of a client who fell off his bike and sustained a brain injury after a dog collided into him.
- Secured a significant settlement for a client who was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and postnatal depression which affected her capacity to work following a traumatic birth.
Lisa is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers. Her APIL special interest groups are clinical negligence, child injury, brain injury, spinal cord injury and damages.